Indian Railway announced Shri Ramayana Express as a special “Tourist Railway”. This train will cover all iconic destinations related to the life of Lord Shri Rama mentioned in the Ramayana. The destinations of Sri Lanka are included to get a full experience of Ramayana Story. The tour is 16 days & 15 days night. Shri Ramayana Express the first journey was started from 14 November 2018 from station Safdarjung Delhi.
Indian Railways: Shri Ramayana Express
Know more about Shri Ramayana Express Route Map:
The tour covers destinations including Allahabad, Ayodhya, Chitrakoot, Hampi, Madurai, Nasik, Rameshwaram, Sitamdhi and Varanasi. Finance Minister Piyush Goyal also tweeted about the tourist train recently. Now the Sri Lanka Ramayana Tour will start from Chennai International Airport to Colombo going to cover Kandy, Nuwara Eliya and Negombo. There are six boarding/de-boarding points which include Delhi-Safdarjung (DSJ), Ghaziabad, Moradabad, Bareilly and Lucknow. The package includes sleeper class seats, Vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), Night stays and wash & change in Dharmashala, all transfers and sightseeing non-AC vehicles, services of IRCTC tour manager, tour escorts, security on trains, travel insurance and all applicable taxes. There are 800 seats Available on IRCTC
website for Booking. Tour package for a destination in India Rs.15, 120 per person as well as air booking available from Sri Lanka Rs.36, 970 per person. Booking of Shri Ramayana Express is only on IRCTC, and for Sri Lanka, Ramayana tour is only on IRCTC Air booking. The bookings for the train is now open on IRCTC’s website www.irctctourism.com
- Ayodha: Ram janmbhoomi temple, Hanuman garth, Rankot, Kanak Bhawan Temple Nageshwarnath temple, Mani Parwat.
- Nandigram: Bharat-Hanuman Temple & Bharat Kund
- Sitamadhi: Janki Mandir at Siatamarhi and Purnaura
- Janakpur: Ram Janki mandir
- Varansi: Tulsi manas temple,Sankat mochan temple and Vishwanth temple
- Sita Samahit Sthal,Sitamandhi: Sita mata temple
- Prayag: Bharadwaj Ashram,Ganga-Yamuna Sangam,Hanuman Temple
- Shringaverpur: Shringr Rishi Samadhi & Shanta Devi Temple,Ram Chaura.
- Chitrakoot: Gupta Godawari,Ramghat,Bharat Millap Temple,Sati Anusuiya temple
- Nashik: Trayambeshwar Templ,Panchavti,Sita Gufa,Kalaram temple.
- Hampi: Anjamdri Hill,Rishimukh Island, Sugreeva cave, Chintamani temple, Maiyavantha Raghunath temple.
- Rameshwaram: Shiva temple and Dhanushkodi
This was a brief explanation about the Features and Facilities of Shri Ramayana Express. Here you can find all these 5 Luxury Trains in India. Luxury Trains in India are not only a system of transportation but also trips where you’re in no rush to arrive at the destination.
Leave a Reply